Sunday 24 November 2013

Construction - Artist's Album Cover

 Album Cover Image - Draft
I chose this image as my final album cover photo, because it has a direct address with the audience and is more inviting to the consumer. It shows the artist being quite serious, but it adds a mysterious sense to the album that will intrigue consumers to buy the album. I also feel it is the perfect representation of my artist, because she does take her career seriously, but also likes to have fun with it. The image also includes part of her clothing, which relates to the alternative genre of music.

Photo option for the album cover.
i liked this close up shot of my artist, because she is framed well, and has a playful look to the image which I feel would represent my artist well. However, there is no eye contact with the camera / audience, which may give the impression she is a little withdrawn.

I liked this image, because it shows the artist smiling, and also has an interesting reflection in the shot, making it seem more abstract. Again it shows an accurate representation of my artist, but there is no eye contact.

This image shows my artist to be a lot more serious, but the fact that she's playing the guitar makes it more suitable for an album cover. I also like the use of contrast and the bright light, which makes the image a little more intense. A little editing will be needed to improve the background, but overall I think this is a successful image.


No comments:

Post a Comment